Solutions Consultant (Presales)
Workato is the only integration and automation platform that is as simple as it is powerful — and because it's built to power the largest enterprises, it is quite powerful.
Simultaneously, it's a low-code/no-code platform. This empowers any user (dev/non-dev) to painlessly automate workflows across any apps and databases.
We're proud to be named a leader by both Forrester and Gartner and trusted by 7,000+ of the world's top brands such as Box, Grab, Slack, and more. But what is most exciting is that this is only the beginning.
Why join us?
Ultimately, Workato believes in fostering a flexible, trust-oriented culture that empowers everyone to take full ownership of their roles. We are driven by innovation and looking for team players who want to actively build our company.
But, we also believe in balancing productivity with self-care. That's why we offer all of our employees a vibrant and dynamic work environment along with a multitude of benefits they can enjoy inside and outside of their work lives.
If this sounds right up your alley, please submit an application. We look forward to getting to know you!
Also, feel free to check out why Business Insider named us an 'enterprise startup to bet your career on"! #WeAreBlushing
All full-time regular employees will be eligible for the following benefits:
- Workato Stock Options at one of Silicon Valley's fastest-growing startups
- Health benefits: Medical, dental, vision for yourself and covered dependents/domestic partners
- Pre-tax benefits: Medical and dependent care flexible spending accounts, health savings account, 401k, and commuter benefits
- Company-paid life insurance and short/long-term disability insurance
- Paid maternity/parental leave benefits for new parents
- Enhanced employee assistance program for mental wellness
We are looking for exceptional Solutions Consultants (Presales) to join our growing team. This role will report to our VP of Solutions Consulting and will play an integral role in working as the key advisor and advocate for Workato's products and automation best practices to help prospective customers achieve their business outcomes. As a Solutions Consultant (Presales), you will actively drive and manage the solutioning and evaluation phases of the sales process and will be an integral member of the account teams. In order to be successful in this role, you must be able to articulate technology and communicate the value of Workato's products to business and technical prospective users and buyers. You will also help shape the product and direction of the company by communicating market needs to the Product Management team. We are looking for a top performer who can establish & maintain strong relationships throughout the sales cycle, and who exudes a passion for understanding the needs of the customer and articulating the value of Workato's products and solutions in meeting those needs. You will also be responsible to:
- Be our customer's most trusted advisors by realizing Workato's value propositions and platform capabilities to achieve their business outcomes.
- Own the technical diagnosis, prescription and validation phases of the sales cycle and provide a consultative approach in advising customers.
- Effectively team with AEs, Solution Architects and other functions to evangelize our platform, approach and architecture tailored to the customer's business and drive the technical sales stages to completion.
- Work in very close alignment with Customer Success to make the solution a reality for the customer.
- Articulate and educate on business, technical and architectural concepts to a variety of audiences, including business users, developers, architects, IT operations professionals, and senior IT management
- Sell the value of Workato products using multiple formats/channels, including phone, presentation, and live/online product demonstrations
- Create and deliver custom product demonstrations to support the sales cycle
- Perform business and technical discovery with customer prospects and be able to architect/build proposed solutions using Workato products
- Successfully manage and execute technical workshops and proof of concepts (POCs), on-site or remote
- Able to respond to functional and technical elements of RFIs/RFPs
- Collect feedback from the field, synthesize, analyze and channel to Product Management and Engineering for product roadmap
- Responsible for representing the product to customers and at field events such as conferences, seminars, etc.
- Support Marketing with developer marketing and evangelism activities, including writing blogs, participating in demo-driven webinars, and speaking at industry events
- BA/BS or equivalent education - Computer Science degree is a plus
- 3-7 years of pre-sales experience in a SaaS/iPass organization
- Hands on experience with automation technologies, middleware, integration architecture patterns, web services technologies, enterprise messaging patterns, APIs, SOA, ESB, BPM, SDKs, and Databases
- Experience with cloud technologies - iPaaS, SaaS applications, cloud infrastructure
- Knowledge of integration and knowledge of Ruby programming is a plus
- Ability to learn new concepts, technologies and solve problems.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to convey and relate ideas to others and work collaboratively to get things done.
- Excellent presentation abilities and composure in front of all levels of technical and business audiences.
- Ability to lead architectural discussions.
- A passion for technology and translating that passion into business impact for customers
- Excellent verbal communication, written communication, and presentation skills in front of all audiences.
- Ability to travel as needed and to work flexible hours throughout the sales territory.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The Integration-led Automation Platform for powerful integrations and automations with remarkable ease-of-use.