Solutions Architect (USDA)
Softrams is one of the fastest-growing Digital Services firms in the Washington Metropolitan region crafting human-centered, empowering digital services with a focus on HX, AI, Cloud, DevOps, and Cyber Security. Offices in Leesburg VA, Baltimore MD, and Plano TX, and teams across the USA.
- Recognized as one of the Top Workplaces in Technology (2021)
- INC 5000, Fastest growing company in America (2nd year in a row)
- Washington Business Journal Top 75 Fastest Growing Companies in Greater Washington area
- 2020 NXT UP - Top Federal Emerging Technology and consulting firms
- 2020 Inaugural DC Metro’s Most Successful Companies
- 2020 Washington Technology Fast 50
- NVTC Tech 100 (2019, 2020)
Softrams is seeking to hire a talented Solutions Architect. The ideal candidate should be highly focused, detail-oriented, and able to multitask in a fast-paced environment. If you are looking for challenges, problem-solving, and working with the latest in technology then Softrams has a spot for you. This role is 100% remote with occasional travel to customer locations in DC, Fort Collins, CO, and Kansas City, MO. As a Solutions Architect on our team, you'll translate USDA customer’s IT needs and future goals into a plan. Through your leadership, we’ll help transform the way USDA uses technology including cloud migration, integrating advanced technology, and modernizing legacy systems. What do you do next in a career where you’ve reached this level? You mentor the next set of developers to help them grow into tomorrow’s solutions architects. As a technical leader, you’ll shape the digital solutions business and identify opportunities for growth.
The key responsibilities for this position include
- Identify strategies for addressing requirements.
- Responsible for dictating design choices to software developers, including but not limited to platforms, coding, and technical levels.
- Establish and enforce standards and practices.
- Crafting architecture products.
- Design specifications.
- Statements of work and requirements.
- Overseeing the development team manages the full life cycle of the software development process.
- Has extensive software development experience and thorough knowledge of a variety of programming languages and logic.
- Responsible for creating and conveying to team members the architectural vision for a program or project.
- Must have extensive USDA experience in the coordination of program and project leaders to identify requirements for solution/system architecture
- Must have extensive USDA experience with analysis of requirements against fiscal, schedule, and performance issues
- Has extensive USDA experience in taking program requirements and is able to create an architecture vision having experience in high volume and high availability networks and systems
- Experience in creating and conveying to team members the architectural vision for a program or project
- Has extensive USDA software development experience and thorough knowledge of a variety of programming languages and logic
- Minimum 10 years USDA relevant experience
Public Trust Clearance
This role requires the hired candidate to go through public clearance. A minimum of 3 years of stay in the U.S. within the last 5 years is a must to be eligible to qualify for public trust clearance sponsorship.
- Health, Dental, Vision and STD, LTD, Life Insurance & Voluntary Life insurance.
- Retirement 401(k) Plan with employer matching. Immediate vesting.
- Vacation & Sick leaves
- Discretionary bonus
Softrams is 100% remote at the moment and this role qualifies for a 100% remote job post-covid with occasional travel to DC, Fort Collins, CO, or Kansas City, MO.
Softrams is a Maryland & Virginia-based small business information technology, consulting, and solutions provider specializing in emerging technologies for UX/UI, Mobile Apps, DevOps, Big Data Analytics, Data Science, and Cyber Security. We offer innovative technology implementations and build customer-centric services that are simple, intuitive, scalable, efficient, and most importantly usable.
Softrams is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
As a HUBZone certified business, we strongly encourage candidates who reside in a HUBZone area to apply. Click on the link here to check if you are in the HubZone area ( http://map.sba.gov/hubzone/maps/ ).
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Designing human centered software and developing digital services focused on HX, AI, Cloud, Devops and Cyber Security