Sales Development Representative
PCS Software, Inc. is an AI platform for the transportation logistics market space providing the trucking industry's most effective transportation management platform (TMP) to improve fleet management and delivery systems and increase profits for our customers. Through innovation and invention, our software individualizes work routines, consolidates workflows, and streamlines management controls to improve accountability, transparency, and eliminate costly and redundant manual processes.
Trucking companies and freight brokers trust PCS to optimize their dispatch, accounting, and fleet operations. TL, LTL, Intermodal, and freight brokerage services use our TMP to automate operations, easily access information, and reduce inefficiencies to maximize sales and revenue. Founded in 1997 and located in Houston, Texas, PCS Software is the leading developer of hosted software solutions designed specifically for the ground transportation industry.
Job Description: Sales Development Representative (SDR)
PCS Software, Inc. is searching for Sales Development Representatives (SDR's) to work with our Regional Sales Directors for field sales lead qualification and cultivation. We need dynamic individuals who are interested in growing their careers in sales. Your responsibilities will include scheduling technical product demonstrations of the PCS AI-Driven transportation management platform with the pre-sales solution engineers, making appointments to speak with potential customers, qualify leads based on defined criteria, and working with a team of outstanding regional field sales personnel to meet the department's overall sales goals. This position is ideal for recent college graduates who have an interest in pursuing sales as a career or those in the sales, hospitality, or retail industry looking for a new career path with outgoing personalities and a great phone voice.
- Set up qualified client meetings per daily, weekly, and monthly quota
- Utilize data resources, Salesforce, and industry publications to cultivate and qualify the appropriate leads in the assigned territories working with the Business Development Representatives, Marketing team, Regional Sales Directors, and Pre-sales Solution Engineers.
- Execute on campaigns designed by the marketing group
- Meet and speak with prospective stakeholders
- Assist in making appointments for trade shows, user conferences, technical lunch & learn activities, and other sales-related client events and activities.
- Qualify prospects in accordance with the sales process, determining project timeframe, key contacts, and funding sources
- Data entry (and maintenance) of prospect and contact data in the Salesforce CRM database
- Execute and follow-up on targeted email campaigns
- Identify market segments and generate strong leads
- Prospect leads through carefully crafted email campaigns and cold calls
- Book and oversee product demonstrations including the preparation of marketing materials and presentations
This Job Might Be for You If…
If a competitive base salary is not enough for you and you are a self-starter that wants unlimited commission potential.
- You are confident, professional, extremely competitive, and are invigorated by challenges.
- You are passionate about everything you do, and nothing holds you back.
- You are curious and knowledge-hungry- always interested in learning and developing yourself and your career.
- You are process-oriented, organized, and pay close attention to details.
- You seek constant career development and growth opportunities with upward mobility.
- You possess exemplary time management skills and remain composed when balancing competing priorities.
- You have previous business development, inside sales, retails sales, hospitality industry, or customer service experience
- You have experience with Salesforce or other CRM's
- You have experience with MS Office Suite
Primary Work Location: 2103 Citywest Blvd, Houston, TX 77042 (This is not a remote role.)
Start Date: Immediately
Type: Full-time employment
PCS Core Values:
- Initiative - You take initiative as an owner and do not wait for direction to act.
- Accountability - You own all the actions and results associated with your job, including the by-product of your work at PCS.
- Can-Do Attitude - You believe in yourself and always demonstrate an achievable attitude.
- Positive and Motivated - You continuously radiate positive energy and raise the level of performance of those around you by keeping yourself and others positively motivated towards your daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly goals.
- Say-Do Ratio - Do what you say and say what you do. You constantly deliver results that match the words you speak. You then keep your promises to deliver on time or keep your peers and management updated to avert a crisis.
- Integrity - You are consistent and uncompromising in your strong personal and company values as well as ethical and business morals.
- Honesty - You are always truthful and transparent in your actions during difficult times, not just the good times.
Why Join PCS?
PCS Software, Inc. is the perfect combination of a fun work environment that rewards your hard work with amazing opportunities for career growth and personal development. If you want to be the newest member of a vibrant group of energized technology leaders in an innovative and entrepreneurial environment, then apply online today to start building solutions that customers will love to use and join a company that truly rewards your hard work and values your talented contributions. If you would like to compete for this highly sought-after position, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
PCS Software, Inc. is also considered one of the best places to work because of our competitive compensation plans, comprehensive benefits plan with 100% company-paid medical, dental, and vision premiums for you and your dependents, 401k with a 4% match, generous PTO package, a truly creative and fun working environment, complimentary food/beverages in the office, paid training and development opportunities, paid gym/fitness facility membership, employee recognition programs, and amazing opportunities for career growth and personal development.
No calls or agencies please. PCS Software, Inc. will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
This job description provides many examples of the types of responsibilities required but is not intended to be a comprehensive list. The incumbent will complete other job responsibilities as needed which are not specifically described in this document.
PCS Software, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment. We thank all respondents for their interest in PCS Software, Inc. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Desired Skills and Experience
Required Experience and Technical Qualifications:
- Demonstrated experience in a customer-facing role
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- 1 - 5 years of professional sales experience
- Experience with SaaS product sales or support is preferred
- Transportation industry experience preferred
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Your AI-driven, multi-modal transportation management platform for shippers, carriers, and brokerages.