This job is no longer accepting applications.
As one of the leaders in the development and implementation of asset management software, Deighton offers an exciting combination of challenging opportunities and career diversity; where customer satisfaction is a fundamental value and where you can realize your personal and professional goals. Explore Deighton's opportunities, whether you're a student, recent graduate, experienced professional, or someone looking for new career growth in a dynamic industry.
Deighton Associates Ltd. (Deighton) has established itself as one of the world leaders in providing asset management systems and asset management expertise at the strategic, tactical, and operational levels for agencies around the world. Recognized as the premier software product for infrastructure asset management, dTIMS® is used to manage large infrastructure networks in Africa, Asia, Australia, Canada, Europe, New Zealand, and the United States. These infrastructure networks include hundreds of thousands of miles of pavements, thousands of bridges, and millions of wastewater, stormwater, and freshwater distribution pipe assets.
Solution Architect will provide Architecture and technology leadership to the delivery team. Reporting to Associate Director of Product Development, this is a technical role with a blend of business mindset as this role have to work closely with various department within the organization and also with our customers to support and enable Deighton's business objectives & strategies. This position is based out of Deighton's Whitby office with a combination of work from home and in-office during the pandemic. The incumbents will be expected to work from the office post-pandemic when it is safe to do so.
- Design and support execution of product development based on the roadmap for existing products and Next Gen Cloud (Azure) SaaS offerings.
- Design and plan our product vision of a next-generation product line including emerging technologies, such as; 3D visualization, AI and AR.
- Planning of the product development execution in cooperation with the Project; Manager and the Director of Product Development.
- Develop, document & maintain the solution architecture artifacts.
- Define, document, and implement development governance framework for the organization such as coding standards, guiding principles.
- Work closely with business and technology stakeholders to translate business problems into technical designs and solutions.
- Support bid and proposal activities of the company by contributing to the development of technical proposals, authoring key technical volumes of proposals, and assisting the business development team in win strategies and their execution.
- Develop Proof of concept for the potential product or feature.
- Provide technical oversight and input into product development activities and initiatives and provide subject matter expertise with respect to ongoing technical trends and developments.
- Coach and assist in troubleshooting complex design implementation and development issues for the team members.
- Participate in code reviews to ensure compliance with design and development process/standards.
- Experience in delivering Enterprise cloud-native solutions and hybrid (On-prem + Cloud) solutions.
- Experience migrating solutions to Cloud (Preferably Azure).
- Should have at least 5 years of hands-on experience designing and developing apps on Microsoft Echo system - .Net Framework, .Net Core, C#, ASP.Net, MVC, ASP.Net Web API, SQL Server, and Azure).
- Hands-on experience on any of the front-end frameworks, Angular or React.
- Hand-on experience implementing CI/CD strategies and execution.
- Experienced in Agile Software Development.
- Knowledge on Ionic (Angular) and Cordova.
- Hands-on experience working with Azure services - API Management, Functions, Service Bus, Key Vault, Logic Apps, Power Apps, Azure SQL, Cosmos DB, storage accounts.
- Experience with the Architectural frameworks -SOA, Microservices, Distributed Systems, MVC, MVVM
- Experience with Web and mobile security
- Experience with REST via Web API and OData.
- Experience designing Integration systems.
- Hand-on setting up any Unit Test framework.
- Ability to follow through and complete overlapping projects while adhering to critical deadlines.
- 10+ Years of Experience in Software Development
- 5+ Years as Architect
- MSc in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or Information Systems.
Benefits and Perks: Market competitive total compensation package, flex hours, and great total rewards.
Deighton Associates Ltd. is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Asset management software and expertise at the strategic, tactical, and operational levels for agencies around the world