This job is no longer accepting applications.
At Aera, we deliver the cognitive technology that enables the Self-Driving Enterprise™: a Cognitive Operating System™ that connects you with your business and autonomously orchestrates your operations. Aera's Cognitive OS leverages the best of artificial intelligence, machine learning, natural language processing, big data, and enterprise domain expertise to deliver Cognitive Automation at scale for some of the world's largest companies.
The Solution Consultant is the ‘Swiss-Army Knife’ who supports the Client Partner throughout the middle of the sales cycle to win new customers as well as retain and upsell existing customers. She or he is a key contributor to sales cycles, as a subject matter expert, and as the owner of key activities that help the prospect to navigate their selection and decision-making process. Also, as the tip of the spear in our go-to-market strategy, SO’s work closely with our Product Management and COE functions to provide feedback on market requirements and our product development roadmap.
The ideal candidate has a minimum of 4 years in a pre-sales role at a relevant enterprise software firm, ideally in the realm of planning, decision-support, or analytics.
- Present Aera capabilities in initial and ongoing meetings and discussions with both prospective accounts and existing customers
- Deliver standard and custom demos, live in Aera’s demo environment
- Develop a robust understanding of Aera's primary Cognitive Skills (see description at aeratechnology.com ), enabling customers to visualize the art of the possible
- Use energetic storytelling to convey the value and power of Aera’s Cognitive Operating System (COS)
- Lead Proof of concept/Proof of value exercises
- Facilitate or support benefit assessments and business case development
- Assist with Proposals, RFx responses
- Work with Engagement Principles to create compelling Solution Deployment Roadmaps
- Run meetings and workshops with prospects and customers, ranging from early discovery sessions to detailed final presentations
- Support multiple prospect and customer project deliverables
- 8-10+ years of experience in supply chain relevant roles, ideally associated with supply chain decision support, analytics, or planning capabilities
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
- Extensive supply chain knowledge, including all core aspects of the supply chain (procurement, manufacturing, distribution, inventory management, order management, ATP/CTP, demand, pricing, etc.)
- Experience with enterprise IT and software, including ERP (Oracle and SAP), cloud/SaaS, security, mobile, BI, planning systems, and execution systems
- Familiarity with supply chain, logistics, and planning software - specifically, SAP and S&OP suites such as Blue Yonder, Kinaxis, o9, etc.
- Experience with value engineering and business case development
- Experience writing proposals and SOWs
- Ability to travel
- Experience in the process of manufacturing especially pharmaceutical, chemicals, and/or CPG
- Bachelor’s degree, ideally in Engineering; Master’s degree preferred
At Aera, we're on a mission to solve the biggest, most intractable challenges in the world of enterprise software. We envision the rise of the Self-Driving Enterprise: a more autonomously functioning business with a central operating system that connects and orchestrates business operations. Our Cognitive Operating System is increasingly used by the world's largest companies to fundamentally transform their organizations and how work is done.
If you share our passion for building the next generation of enterprise software and deploying it for the most sophisticated customers in the world, you’ve met your match. Headquartered in Mountain View, California, we're growing fast, with teams in Mountain View and San Francisco (California), Bucharest and Cluj-Napoca (Romania), Paris (France), Munich (Germany), London (UK), Pune, and Bangalore (India), Sydney (Australia) and Singapore. So join us, and let’s build the future of work together!
Aera Technology is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Aera Technology will consider employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Aera Technology respects the privacy of your data. Please take the time to read our Candidate Privacy Notice, available here.
- Information Technology & Services Computer Software Internet
- Consulting Information Technology Sales
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The Cognitive Automation Company