Account Executive, For-Profit College
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Niche is the leader in school search. Our mission is to make researching and enrolling in schools easy, transparent, and free. With in-depth profiles on every school and college in America, 140 million reviews and ratings, and powerful search tools, we help millions of people find the right school for them. We also help thousands of schools recruit more best-fit students, by highlighting what makes them great and making it easier to visit and apply.
Niche is all about finding where you belong, and that mission inspires how we operate every day. We want Niche to be a place where people truly enjoy working and can thrive professionally.
About the Role
We’re looking for a highly motivated Account Executive to help grow our business with For-Profit Colleges and Community Colleges. We want someone who thinks of quotas as a speed bump on the way to exceeding personal goals. This is primarily an inside sales position, selling via phone and email. However, some travel to client campus locations and/or conferences may be necessary.
What You Will Do During the 1st Month:
- Attend onboarding sessions to better understand our internal processes and learn about the company
- Learn the Niche product offerings inside and out and begin to feel comfortable performing demos of the product to any audience
- Spend time with our Business Operations and Analytics team to learn about our digital marketing campaigns and offerings
- Shadow Account Executives in various segments to observe best practices related to communicating the Niche product offerings and how to best position the products based on the customer needs/goals
- Develop an understanding of how For-Profit Colleges and Community Colleges market their programs and how those are captured on Niche’s platform
Within 3 Months:
- Begin to prospect and build relationships with For-Profits Colleges and Community Colleges
- Conduct sales demos pitching the Niche digital advertising products to Community Colleges, demonstrating effective positioning and selling of the Niche product suite
- Build partnership with Account Management team to gain awareness around renewal and upsell strategies
- Attend various digital advertising and product training to further knowledge of Niche products and out Niche Audience
- Lean into the For-Profit and Community College segment and learn current marketing strategies with the goal of becoming the SME to the schools within your segment
Within 6 Months:
- Lean into the For-Profit and Community College segment focused on becoming an industry SME, innovating new and creative marketing strategies to help them meet their enrollment goals
- Consistently deliver monthly revenue targets by achieving contract volume goals and total contract value amounts
Within 12 Months:
- Become the SME on all things related to digital advertising within the For-Profit and Community College segment
- Listen to customer feedback and recommend innovative solutions to the management team related to possible improvements to the product, pricing, packages, etc in order to better serve the segment you are targeting
- Achieve the YTD new business bookings budget
What We Are Looking For
- Bachelor's degree in a business or education-related field
- Prior experience working in admissions and/or marketing in the For-Profit sector in a leadership role such as a Director of Admissions will be highly valuable.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience including sales and marketing in a SaaS environment
- Excellent presentation and communication skills a must
- Able to thrive and quickly adapt to a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
- Fearless and persistent. Motivated by the challenge of closing new outbound sales. Not afraid to ask for the business
- Willing to make a lot of phone calls and use social media to connect with decision-makers
- 3 or more years of relevant experience including sales and marketing in a SaaS environment
- Experience selling in For-Profit Education and/or Community Colleges or Digital Media is a plus
- Experience with consultative selling a plus
- Full time, salaried position with competitive compensation
- A comprehensive health plan, including vision and dental, provided at no cost to the employee.
- 20 PTO days, 10 Paid Holidays, and 3 Volunteer Days Off per year
- Parental leave
- Stock options and 401(k) with company match
- Your ideas and work will make an immediate impact on our company and millions of users
Niche will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship now or in the future for this opening.
Candidates only. No recruiters or agencies, please. All of our open positions are located in our Pittsburgh, PA office and we are also open to remote employees. Sorry, we do not offer relocation assistance.
Niche is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law.
As interviews are being held remotely, if there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
- Marketing & Advertising Computer Software Internet
- Sales Business Development
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Niche connects people to their future schools, neighborhoods, and workplaces.